We are aspiring users of information technology
At Southville Primary School, we aspire to be effective and confident users and developers of technology. Our computing curriculum will teach our children to be critical thinkers, problem solvers, imaginative and creative. We will equip the children with the skills and knowledge to design, write and debug programs, use search technologies effectively, but more importantly to use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly. We will prepare our children for the digital world around them and to be confident as the next generation of computer users.
We will do this by:
- Making sure that computing objectives are delivered in the context of an appropriate topic within our Immersive Learning curriculum wherever possible
- Providing the opportunities to understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- Ensuring repeated practical experience to analyse problems in computational terms
- Shaping our lessons and teaching to fulfil the potential of all children, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, class, or disability
- Providing relevant educational visits that enhance the learning that happens in school
- Ensuring that our children can communicate ideas well by utilising appliances and devices throughout all areas of the curriculum.