We are aspiring historians!
At Southville Primary School, we aspire to be historians. Our history curriculum will inspire a love for history and develop a curiosity to discover more about the past. A high-quality history education will help children gain a sound knowledge and understanding of Britain’s past and that of the wider world. The enquiry-based history curriculum helps pupils to understand the complexity of people’s lives, the process of change, the diversity of societies and relationships between different groups, as well as their own identity and the challenges of their time.
We will do this by:
- Providing the opportunity to ask perceptive questions, think critically, weigh evidence, interpret arguments and develop perspective.
- Delivering it as part of the immersive curriculum, providing children with the opportunity to piece together and link their historical knowledge from each topic to build a coherent picture of the past.
- Taking advantage of our location to explore the rich past of Bristol and the influence it’s had in British and wider history.
- Making history ‘hands on’ and providing plenty of opportunities to explore and investigate a wide range of historical artefacts and documents.
- Inspiring children in their history lessons, creating the next generation of museum curators, archaeologists and research analysts.