Welcome to Year 5
Mr Pearce, Mrs Hall and Miss Edwards
Immersive Learning Overview
New York, New York
We will be moving to an online system for homework by next term. In the meantime, we are not setting weekly homework. Instead we are asking the children to focus on 3 things:
- Spelling (handed out Friday and tested on Thursdays)
- reading and responding in the journal
- TT rockstars
- Children can also research anything connected to the class topic that they wish to.
Please see below the spelling lists for group 1, group 1a and group 2. Children will be tested on their spellings' every Thursday.
School library books need to be quarantined after being brought back into school, so we are asking that they all come in on the same day (Monday).
If your child needs to change their reading book:
- please make a note to that effect in their reading journal so that we know they have finished the book.
- encourage them to write a short response to what they have read in their journal too.
- bring in the book on Monday along with the journal.
- take a new book home on Wednesday.
Please find below a couple of links that you could view to give you ideas for your child's reading.
Introduction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZqnbIbgeM
Year 5 'Meet the Teacher' slides
Please come into school dressed in your PE kit on the days you have PE.
Lions - Mondays and Thursdays
Lemurs - Tuesdays and Thursdays
Leopards - Wednesdays and Thursday
As per the school policy, children are not allowed to wear any jewellery, other than watches. Ear studs are allowed, but please send in plasters to cover them in P.E.
Please ensure long hair is tied back.